Cheese & ham souffléd omelette
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 1
- 50g grated gruyère or cheddar
- 2 slices roughly torn ham or gammon
- 2 eggs , whites and yolks separated
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill or basil
- splash olive oil
- STEP 1
Mix most of the cheese with the ham or gammon, egg yolks, mustard, herbs and some seasoning. Whisk egg whites until stiff. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the whites into the yolk mixture until evenly mixed.
- STEP 2
Heat a splash of olive oil in a small non-stick frying pan. Pour mixture into the pan and cook for 4 mins until the underside is set and browned. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and grill for 2 mins until cheese is bubbling and golden.