Cheese, bacon & onion puff
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 quantity of batter (see 'Goes well with', below)
- small knob of butter , plus extra for greasing
- 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon , chopped
- 4 spring onions , thinly sliced
- 140g cheddar , grated (this is about 200ml/7fl oz)
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 230C/fan 210C/gas 8. Make up the batter as stated in the pancake recipe and set aside. Grease a large, round, ceramic dish, about 22cm wide, and dust it with the grated Parmesan.
- STEP 2
Heat the butter in a frying pan. Sizzle the bacon for about 5 mins until crisp, then leave to cool. Tip the bacon, onion and cheddar into the batter and stir until completely combined. Tip the batter into the prepared dish so it comes almost to the top, then bake for 30-35 mins until puffed up and golden. Bring piping hot to the table and serve straight from the dish with a crisp salad.