- 20g dried porcini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 onions, sliced (160g)
- 2 garlic cloves, shredded
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 85g brown basmati rice
- 160g diced butternut squash (prepared weight)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon
- 10cm length cucumber, grated, core removed
- 125g bio yogurt
- 2 tbsp chopped mint, plus a few leaves
- one third of a pack fresh coriander, chopped
- 25g toasted flaked almonds
- STEP 1
Pour 425ml boiling water over the dried mushrooms and set aside.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Add the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli and stir-fry briefly over a high heat so they start to soften. Add the rice and squash and stir for a few mins. Tip in the cumin and coriander then stir in the mushrooms and their water with the bouillon.
- STEP 3
Cover the pan and simmer for 20 mins until the rice is tender. Meanwhile mix the cucumber and yogurt with the mint to make a raita. Stir the coriander and almonds into the rice when it is ready and serve with the raita and a few extra leaves of mint or coriander.