- 150g leftover raw veggies, (such as red cabbage and carrots), shredded
- 3 tbsp good-quality vegan white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- 1 long French baguette
- 100g hummus
- 175g cooked tempeh, very finely sliced
Originally devised in Indonesia, tempeh is made from cooked soya beans that are then fermented…
- ½ small pack coriander, leaves picked, to serve
- ½ small pack mint, leaves picked, to serve
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
- hot sauce, to serve (we used sriracha)
Put the shredded veg in a bowl and add the vinegar, sugar and 1 tsp salt. Toss everything together, then set aside to pickle quickly while you prepare the rest of the sandwich.
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Cut the baguette into four, then slice each piece horizontally in half. Put the baguette pieces in the oven for 5 mins until lightly toasted and warm. Spread each piece with a layer of hummus, then top four pieces with the tempeh slices and pile the pickled veg on top. To serve, sprinkle over the herbs and squeeze over some hot sauce, then top with the other baguette pieces to make sandwiches.