Boozy baked caramelised bananas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 6 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced in half lengthways
- 2 tbsp dark brown soft sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3-4 tbsp rum or whisky
- 40g pecans, toasted and chopped
- vanilla or salted caramel ice cream, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 8. Toss the banana halves in an ovenproof dish with the sugar, maple syrup and rum or whisky. Sprinkle with a small pinch of salt, if you like.
- STEP 2
Bake for 15 mins, then remove from the oven. Heat the grill to high and grill the bananas for 3-5 mins, or until bubbling and caramelised. Spoon the bananas into bowls and scatter over the pecans. Serve with ice cream, and any of the caramelised syrup from the dish drizzled over the top.