Blue cheese & pancetta pizza with grilled peaches
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 2 pizzas (serves 4)
- ½ quantity pizza dough (see recipe in 'goes well with', right), divided into 2 balls
- olive oil , for grilling
- 1 peach or nectarine, halved, stoned and cut into quarters
- 6 pancetta slices
- 100g firm mozzarella , cut into 2cm cubes
- 100g gorgonzola , broken into 3cm pieces
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped walnut
- 2 large handfuls wild rocket
- STEP 1
Prepare the dough following the instructions in Basic pizza dough recipe in 'goes well with', right.
- STEP 2
Lightly oil, season and grill the peaches in a griddle pan or on your barbecue until lines appear, about 2 mins. Remove and cut into thinner slices. In a frying pan, fry the pancetta until crisp, then remove. Cook one side of the pizzas.
- STEP 3
Top the cooked side of the pizzas with both cheeses, mixing them together. Add the pancetta, broken into pieces. Sprinkle the walnuts over and add the peaches. Grill, covered, until the cheese is melted. Scatter over the rocket and serve.