Black Forest Bircher
- Preparation and cooking time
- no cook
- Serves 4
- 2small pears , grated
- 10 tbsp (60g) rolled oat
- 1 tbsp cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 200g Greek yogurt , plus 4 tbsp
- 5 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 200g cherries , halved and pitted
- 2squares dark chocolate
- STEP 1
Combine the pears, oats, cacao, yogurt, milk and maple syrup in a bowl. Divide between four bowls (or containers if you’re taking it to work).
- STEP 2
Top each serving with some cherries, 1 tbsp yogurt and a little extra maple syrup, if you like. Finely grate the chocolate over the Bircher, giving each serving a light dusting. Eat straight away or chill in the fridge for up to 2 days.