- 700g Maris Piper potatoes or King Edwards potatoes, scrubbed, spiralled into flat ribbons, then cut into round slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 100g extra mature cheddar, grated
- 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ small pack coriander, roughly chopped
For the red pepper salsa
- 20g pickled jalapeños, chopped
- 100g roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/ gas 8. Line two large baking sheets with baking parchment. Brush the potato slices with oil, season and sprinkle over the paprika. Bake for 10-15 mins until completely crisp.
Reduce oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Transfer half the crisps to an ovenproof dish, layer with half the beans and cheese, then repeat. Return to the oven for 10 mins until the cheese melts.
Meanwhile, mix all the salsa ingredients and season. Top the nachos with salsa and coriander.