Black bean potato nachos
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3 - 4
- 700g Maris Piper potatoes or King Edwards potatoes, scrubbed, spiralled into flat ribbons, then cut into round slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 100g extra mature cheddar , grated
- 400g can black beans , drained and rinsed
- ½ small pack coriander , roughly chopped
For the red pepper salsa
- 20g pickled jalapeños , chopped
- 100g roasted red peppers , chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion , finely chopped
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/ gas 8. Line two large baking sheets with baking parchment. Brush the potato slices with oil, season and sprinkle over the paprika. Bake for 10-15 mins until completely crisp.
- STEP 2
Reduce oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Transfer half the crisps to an ovenproof dish, layer with half the beans and cheese, then repeat. Return to the oven for 10 mins until the cheese melts.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, mix all the salsa ingredients and season. Top the nachos with salsa and coriander.