- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Pack flavour into your meal with these easy vegetarian enchiladas that are filled with nutritious ingredients. This comforting, cheesy dish is the perfect crowd-pleasing family dinner
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 280g carrots, grated
- 2-3 tsp chilli powder (mild or hot, according to your taste)
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans pulses in water, drained (we used mixed beans and lentils)
- 6 small wholemeal tortillas
- 200g low-fat natural yogurt
- 50g extra-mature cheddar cheese (or veg alternative), finely grated
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the onions and carrots for 5-8 mins until soft – add a splash of water if they start to stick. Sprinkle in the chilli powder and cook for 1 min more. Pour in the tomatoes and pulses and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 5-10 mins, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Remove from the heat and season well.
- STEP 2
Heat grill to high. Spread a spoonful of the bean chilli over a large ovenproof dish. Lay each tortilla onto a board, fill with a few tbsp of chilli mixture, fold over the ends and roll up to seal. Place them into the ovenproof dish. Spoon the remaining chilli on top.
- STEP 3
Mix the yogurt and grated cheese together with some seasoning, and spoon over the enchiladas. Grill for a few mins until the top is golden and bubbling. Serve with a green salad.