Barbecued fajita steak
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus marinating and resting
- Serves 4
- 4 beef steaks, preferably rib-eye, approx 250g/9oz each
- 8 flour tortillas , plus all the side dishes, to serve
- 150ml pot soured cream (optional)
For the marinade
- juice 6 limes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves , crushed
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- small bunch coriander , finely chopped
- STEP 1
Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Lay the steaks in a shallow dish or tray, then pour over the marinade. Turn to coat the steaks all over in the mix, then allow to stand for at least 1 hr, or cover and chill for up to 24 hrs.
- STEP 2
Heat the barbecue. When it is hot, wipe any excess marinade from the steaks, then cook for 3 mins on each side for medium-rare or longer if you prefer it more cooked. Allow the steak to rest for 5 mins, then cut into thick slices.
- STEP 3
To assemble the fajitas, warm 8 large flour tortillas on the barbecue. Spread with mashed black beans, then pile slices of steak, some onions & peppers, pico de gallo, guacamole and some soured cream if you like. Roll up and enjoy with a glass of Michelada!