Banoffee chocolate cups
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus 2 hrs 15 mins chilling
- Makes 12
- 150g dark chocolate , chopped
- 150g milk chocolate , chopped
- 12 mini digestive biscuits (or some crushed digestive biscuits)
- 40g banana chips, finely crumbled
- 100g dulce de leche
- chocolate curls , gold sprinkles or edible gold leaf, to decorate (optional)
- STEP 1
Line a 12-hole cupcake tin with paper or silicone cases. Melt the dark and milk chocolate together for 1-2 mins in the microwave. Divide the digestive biscuits between the cases and put the banana chips in each. Pour enough melted chocolate into the cases to cover the biscuits, reserving the rest. Transfer the tin to the freezer to chill for 15 mins.
- STEP 2
Stir the dulce de leche to loosen it, then spoon or pipe a small dot into the centre of each cup. Pour over the reserved chocolate so the filling is covered, then decorate with chocolate curls, gold sprinkles or edible gold leaf, if you like. Put in the fridge to chill for 2 hrs, then remove the cases and pack into gift boxes. Will keep in the fridge for three days.