Baked mücver (courgette & feta bake)
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 6 courgettes (about 325g)
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- ½ small bunch of mint, finely chopped
- ½ small bunch of dill, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 4 eggs
- 75g grated halloumi
- 100g crumbled feta
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 4 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for the tin
- 80g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp nigella seeds, plus extra to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Coarsely grate the courgettes into a clean tea towel, wrap and squeeze out all of the excess liquid. Tip into a colander then set aside to drain completely. Meanwhile, tip all of the remaining ingredients into a large bowl. Add the drained, grated courgettes, season and mix.
- STEP 2
Line a roughly 25-26cm round ovenproof dish or cake tin with baking parchment and drizzle with the extra olive oil to cover the surface. Heat the dish in the oven for 5 mins.
- STEP 3
Carefully remove the dish from the oven and pour the courgette mixture over the hot oil (this will ensure the mixture browns on the bottom). Sprinkle with the extra sesame and nigella seeds and bake for 35 mins until golden brown on top. Leave to rest for at least 20 mins before serving scattered with more dill.