- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 400g spaghetti
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large carrots , finely diced
- 3 celery sticks, finely diced
- 200g pack smoked bacon lardon
- 190g jar sundried tomato pesto
- 8-12 basil leaves , shredded (optional)
- STEP 1
Boil the spaghetti following pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Add the carrots, celery and bacon, and stir well. Cover the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins until the veg has softened.
- STEP 2
Tip in the pesto, warm through, then stir through the drained spaghetti with the basil, if using.