Bacon & avocado warm pasta salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 300g orzo
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 140g streaky bacon , chopped
- 140g cherry tomatoes , halved
- ½ x 190g jar pesto
- 2 avocados , stoned, peeled and sliced
- 70g bag rocket
- Grana Padano shavings, to serve
- STEP 1
Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Cook the orzo following pack instructions, drain and set aside. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon for 4-5 mins until crispy. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for a couple mins more. Stir in the orzo, pesto and avocado, and heat for 2 mins more.
- STEP 2
Spoon onto a serving plate, then scatter with rocket leaves and Grana Padano.