- 1 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- ½ bunch asparagus spears (save the rest for Rosti fish cakes, see 'goes well with'), trimmed and cut into 5cm pieces
- 100g frozen petits pois or peas
- 50g feta cheese
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
There are several types of mint, each with its own subtle difference in flavour and appearance.…
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar glaze or balsamic vinegar
True Balsamic vinegar is an artisan product from Modena, in Emilia Romagna, Italy, and is made…
- leftover roast cherry tomatoes (from Bacon, tomato & broccoli pasta, see 'goes well with')
- crisp green salad, to serve
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put the olive oil in a small (about 600ml) shallow ovenproof dish. Place in the oven to heat for 2-3 mins, add the asparagus and peas to the hot oil and gently toss to coat. Return to the oven for 2 mins, then remove from the oven and crumble over the feta.
Meanwhile, beat the mint into the eggs and season well with lots of ground black pepper. Remove the dish from the oven and pour over the eggs, then bake for 15 mins until the eggs have set.
Meanwhile, drizzle the balsamic glaze or vinegar over the leftover roast tomatoes. Serve the frittata with the balsamic tomatoes and a crisp green salad.