Asparagus, pea & feta frittata with roast tomatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Turn omelette into a substantial evening meal by baking it, Italian-style. Pack it full of greens and serve with crisp green salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ bunch asparagus spears (save the rest for Rosti fish cakes, see 'goes well with'), trimmed and cut into 5cm pieces
- 100g frozen petits pois or peas
- 50g feta cheese
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 3 large eggs , beaten
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar glaze or balsamic vinegar
- leftover roast cherry tomatoes (from Bacon, tomato & broccoli pasta, see 'goes well with')
- crisp green salad , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put the olive oil in a small (about 600ml) shallow ovenproof dish. Place in the oven to heat for 2-3 mins, add the asparagus and peas to the hot oil and gently toss to coat. Return to the oven for 2 mins, then remove from the oven and crumble over the feta.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, beat the mint into the eggs and season well with lots of ground black pepper. Remove the dish from the oven and pour over the eggs, then bake for 15 mins until the eggs have set.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, drizzle the balsamic glaze or vinegar over the leftover roast tomatoes. Serve the frittata with the balsamic tomatoes and a crisp green salad.