- 1 small roasted chicken, about 1kg
While it's the traditional Christmas bird, turkey is good to eat all year round, though…
- ½ red cabbage, cored and finely sliced
A favourite winter vegetable served hot with roasted game birds but equally good as a colourful…
- 3 carrots, coarsley grated or finely shredded
The carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root…
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced on the diagonal
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 2 red chillies, halved and thinly sliced
- small bunch coriander, roughly chopped, including stalks
- 2 heaped tbsp roasted salted peanuts, roughly crushed
For the dressing
- 3½ tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1½ tbsp toasted sesame oil
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Remove all the meat from the chicken, shred into large chunks and pop in a large bowl. Add the cabbage, carrots, spring onions, chillies and half the coriander. Toss together with the dressing and pile onto a serving plate, then scatter over the remaining coriander and peanuts.