Artichoke, red onion & rosemary risotto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Give your risotto a healthy makeover with this easy low-fat recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions , sliced into thin wedges
- 2 red peppers , cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp rosemary needles
- 140g arborio risotto rice
- 150ml white wine
- 850ml low-salt vegetable stock
- 400g tin artichoke heart in water, drained and halved
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Cook the onions gently for 6-7 mins until softened and browning. Add the peppers and rosemary and cook for a further 5 mins. Add rice and stir well.
- STEP 2
Pour in the wine and of the stock. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally until almost all the liquid is absorbed.
- STEP 3
Stir in another of the stock and simmer again, until it’s all absorbed. Add the final with the artichokes and simmer again until rice is tender.
- STEP 4
Season and stir in the Parmesan and ½ the pine nuts. Scatter over the remainder and serve.