Tasty fried chicken
Member recipe by jm359molly
- Mixed chicken pieces (2 legs, 2 thighs, 2 breasts)
- Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tsp celery salt
- 4 tsp black pepper
- 8 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 chicken stock cube
- 2 tsp MSG, you don't have to use this if you don't want to (they use a LOT more, belive me)
- 3 medium eggs
- Add the flour to a large tub or bowl. Then add all the other dry ingredients to a pestle and mortar and grind them until very well mixed. Add this dry mix to the flour and mix well (the flour should turn a pinky colour)
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a deep pan or a fryer to about 200C.
- Whisk the eggs in a seperate bowl and add the chicken pieces, turn until coated in the egg mixture. Add the chicken on bit at a tim to the flour mixture and coat well. do this for each of the chicken pieces. Set them aside for frying.
- Add the chicken, but don't overcrowd the pan or fryer, you will need to have the oil hot to begin with to seal in the juices and to seal the batter, once you have added the chicken (especially on the bone pieces) turn the heat down and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Cook in batches and keep warm on a grill rack in the oven.
- Serve with corn on the cob and a nice salad, enjoy X