Tasty Toast Topper
Member recipe by katycooks
This is basically a snack or an alternative breakfast. (Wouldn't go as far as calling it a recipe!)
- 1 medium egg
- 1 medium sized tomato
- 1 generous tablespoon of mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice of bread (your choice - but brown or granary is good)
- Easily doubled, tripled or quadrupled for extra servings.
- Put the egg on to boil - it must be hard boiled. While the egg is boiling, finely chop the tomato (skin and seeds included) - leave on the chopping board for now.
- Once the egg is boiled, shell it and place in a bowl. Chop it roughly and then mash to fine "crumbs" with a fork. Add the chopped tomato and the mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Put a slice of toast in the toaster and turn on the grill. Once the toast is done, pile all of the egg and tomato mixture on top and spread evenly. It should be generously topped.
- Carefully place the loaded toast on your grill pan and heat through for about 3 - 5 minutes. It shouldn't be brown, just heated through.