Member recipe by magicgirl123
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
Beautiful cupcakes; these cupcakes are light and fluffy and are the perfect base for any icing and decoration.
- 125g self-raising flour
- 90g caster sugar
- 100g soft margarine
- 1 heaped tsp vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large free range egg
- splash of milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/ gas mark 4. Place 12 cake cases into a 12 hole bun tin.
- Cream together the sugar and margarine.
- Add in the vanilla powder or extract, stir through.
- Add the flour and mix toghether.
- Beat the egg and stir into the cake mixture. Add a splash of milk and stir the mixture again.
- Divide the cake mixture into the cake cases.
- Place the bun tin on the middle-shelf in the pre-heated oven. Cook the cakes for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place a cocktail stick into the middle of the centre cake. If clean when removed the cakes are done. If not return the cakes to the oven for a few minutes.
- Place on a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Decorate how you like.