Yummy Bunny Banana cake
Member recipe by beppie1
A moist cake with a mellow taste! This cake is perfect for any occasion or meal, and children seem to love it too!
- 6oz butter or margarine
- 5oz sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 bananas
- Sultanas or walnuts (or both) to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ¼ cup of orange juice
- Grated orange rind (optional)
- 8oz flour
- For the icing
- 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine
- Icing sugar
- Optional: 3oz toffee and some grated fudge to top
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy then beat in the egg. Mash the carrot and banana together and add to mixture, mix well.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the flour and mix well. Add flour and mix until a thick liquid.
- Pour into a floured and greased loaf tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180c until golden brown.
- For the icing simply cream butter and icing sugar, adding the sugar little by little, together until it has reached the consistency you like. Then spread on top of the cooled cake(cake must be cooled though). If making toffee icing, melt the toffee and half the butter and combine with sugar until gloopy the spread over cake. Chop fudge and sprinkle over top.