Member recipe by swissseasider
ServingsServes 1 - 18 Muffins
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 200g Butter or Margarine
- 200g Plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 eggs
- Zest of two oranges
- Juice from oranges
- 200g mixed fruit peel
- Icing sugar
- Cream butter and sugar and gradually add the beaten egg mixture
- Add the orange zest and mixed fruit peel
- Add the baking powder to the flour and sift into the other ingredients and fold in.
- Add sufficient orange juice to get the mixture to a dropping consistency.
- Divide mixture between 18 muffin cases and bake at 200C for 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- To decorate, make icing by mixing remaining orange juice with sufficient icing sugar and spread onto muffins.