Member recipe by alarcon
- oil, for greasing
- 350g dark chocolate, broken in small pieces
- 250g unsalted Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 250g dark muscovado sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Heat the oven to 170°C/gas 3. Lightly grease a 22cm square cake tin.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together for 2-3 minutes until smooth and fluffy.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into the mixture and stir to mix. Pour the mixture into the cake tin.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 35 minutes until the surface is set. It is cooked when it just starts to crack on the top. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool completely in the tin.
- Slice the cake into squares and store in a tin or in a container in the fridge.