potato and leek soup
Member recipe by jack-issocool
a classic recipe with herbs and garlic added to make it taste absoloutely yummy
- 1 leek
- 1 potato
- 1 onion
- 1 level tbsp of plain flour or cornflour
- 750ml of boiling water
- mixed dried herbs
- garlic paste
- 1 chicken or vegetable stock cube
- 15g of butter
- peel and chop the potato, remove the outer leaves of the leek slice of the root end of the leek (the end of the white part. finely dice the onions.
- fry the vegetables in the butter for about 10 minutes.
- add the boiling water and the stock cube to the vegetables and leave to simmer for 25 minutes
- add water to the flour and stir to make a paste then add to the simmering soup then season with salt,pepper, garlic paste and herbs (remember to taste to get the seasoning just write) leave to simmer for a further 5 minutes
- if you want a smooth soup blend it all with a blender, whereas if you prefer a chunky soup only blend half of it. blend the soup for a full 5 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy