sweet potatoe rosti
Member recipe by xjoeix
Sweet potato combines with tangy goat cheese to make a delicious starter or side dish. It's great served with a salad.
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 175g goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 220 C / Gas mark 7. Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Grate the sweet potatoes; place in a clean cloth and squeeze out the excess liquid; transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat; cook the onion and garlic in the hot oil until soft; transfer to the bowl with the drained sweet potato; add about 2/3 of the goat cheese and mix well. Divide the mixture into 4 even portions and shape into balls with your hands and then flatten them to about 1cm (1/2 in) thickness. Arrange the patties onto the baking tray.
- Roast in the preheated oven until golden brown; about 25 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining goat cheese over the patties and return to oven to melt the cheese, about 5 minutes more.