Chicken with Boursin Cheese
Member recipe by xjoeix
- Boursin Cheese
- spinach leaves enough to cover the chicken breast
- 2 large sheets plastic wrap
- 2 chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- to make boursin cheese
- 1 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives finely chopped
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- pinch of Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons walnuts toasted, finely chopped
- Dip spinach leaves briefly in boiling water to blanch; drain and towel dry.
- Pound chicken breasts evenly between 2 sheets plastic wrap to 1/4-inch thick being careful not to tear or break through the flesh. Season chicken with salt and pepper, cover with blanched spinach; spread with Boursin cheese, tuck in sides and roll up stuffed chicken as tightly as possible.
- Refrigerate seam side down in a greased baking dish covered for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake brush the stuffed rolled chicken with melted butter, roll in bread crumbs and bake at 350F gas mark 4. 180 degree C for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing into 1/2-inch thick servings.
- to make the boursin cheese combine cream cheese, garlic, parsley, chives, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt and walnuts. Cover at room temperature for at least an hour or overnight to blend flavors.