Carruffins by Jewels
Member recipe by shiwajewels
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Muffins
These beautifully mouthwatering muffins are great for those cold winter days, with cinnamon, orange, carrot, banana & dates you actually might think they are somewhat healthier than the norm!
- 175g/6oz Light Brown sugar
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 175ml/6 fl oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 175g/6oz Thinly Grated Carrots
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 280g/10oz Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Large Oranges Juiced
- 25g Butter Melted
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 tbsp Milk Powder
- A handful of Dates chopped and de seeded
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Line Muffin Tray with Bun Cases. Place the Sugar, Eggs, Olive Oil, Carrots, Bananas, melted butter, and juice of oranges in a bowl. Mix together for 2 mins.
- Now sift the flour, baking powder, salt, milk powder, ground cinnamon into the bowl, and beat until smooth, then adding the vanilla essence and again beating the mixture. Now fold in the Dates.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared muffin cases, and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 mins until the top of the muffins turn a warm Golden colour and are well risen.
- Bring the muffins out of the oven and let them sit in the muffin tray for 10 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool, and serve.