Angelic Lemon Curd Cakes!
Member recipe by katedunham
- 6oz Self Raising Flour
- A pinch of salt
- 4 oz Soft Margarine
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 desert spoon lemon juice
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- For the filling,
- 1 quantity of lemon curd
- Pre-heat the oven to gas Mark 5, 375 degrees F , 190 degrees C
- Take a muffin tin and fill with muffin cases
- Combine all the ingredients excluding the lemon curd in a large mixing bowl
- Place all the mix into muffin cases fill quite full but not all the way as they will rise
- Cook them for 15-20 minutes keeping an eye on them then take them out and leave them to cool for 5 mins
- After they have cooled take a sharp knife and cut a crater in the top of the muffin.
- Cut the bit that you took off and cut it into two halves
- Then fill the hole with lemon curd
- Now stick the two "Butterfly wings" into the top
- Finally leave them to set for 5-10 minutes then Enjoy!