Almond and Lemon tart
Member recipe by mitrajam
Simple Tart with this amazing lemon tangy taste complimenting the delicious texture of the almonds
- 8 oz plain short-crust pastry, thawed if frozen
- 2 eggs
- 5 oz icing sugar
- 2 lemons
- 31/2 oz butter, melted
- 21/2 oz ground almonds
- Preheat oven to 425F/220C .Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and place in a 8 inch tart dish.
- Bake pie shell blind for 10 minutes,until golden brown, remove from oven. REDUCE oven temperature.
- Whisk the eggs and icing sugar together in a bowl until fluffy. Mix in grated rind of 2 lemons, melted butter , ground almonds juice of both lemons.
- The consistency will look strange but it will change once cooked.
- Pour filling into pastry case bake for 25 minutes, until filling has set. Leave to cool.