Chicken and Mushroom Soup
Member recipe by actordahling
This is a delicious soup made with a chicken carcase and mushrooms with chicken pieces added.
- For the stock
- 1 chicken carcase
- 1 bayleaf
- For the soup
- 500Gms closed cup mushrooms - cleaned and sliced
- 2 onions - chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic - chopped
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- To finish
- 100 ml single cream
- Boil the chicken carcase and bayleaf until you have 2lts of stock.
- Remove carcase and bayleaf and sieve the liquid to remove andy solids.
- In a clean soup pan, add the olive oil, chopped onion and garlic and cook for 10 mins.
- Add the mushrooms and stir to mix. Add flour to the pan and coat everything well.
- Add the warm stock and bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins.
- Remove from the heat and blend with a handblender until almost smooth. Add any leftover chicken cut into small chunks.
- Add the cream and stir to mix it in. Season to taste and serve with crustini.