Leek, potato and celeriac soup
Member recipe by Oli Wilson-Nunn
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 celeriac, peeled and diced
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2l vegetable stock
- 2tsp mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cream or creme fraiche, to serve (optional)
- Sprigs of fresh basil, to serve (optional)
- In a large saucepan heat the oil over a medium heat and add the leek, saute for 4-5 minutes, don't let it go brown.
- Add the celeriac, mixed herbs and potatoes, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 1 hour 5 minutes.
- Blend with a hand blender, until there are no lumps, season with salt and pepper, then add more stock if you want a thinner soup. Serve with the basil and creme fraiche.