Flax & Sesame Seed Snaps
Member recipe by mitrajam
ServingsServes 1 - 25 Biscuits
EASY "biscuit" recipe, delicious full of goodness of fiber and satisfies the sweet tooth.
- 7 oz Spelt flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 5 oz Butter
- 9 oz Packed brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 71/2 oz flax seeds
- 5 oz Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger (ground)
- Begin preparing the SNAPS by creaming together the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Pre-heat oven 180C
- Once the mixture is fully creamed, continue by mixing in the flour and baking powder.
- Complete the batter by slowly adding the seeds and ginger, until they are fully mixed in a batter.
- Next, drop teaspoons of the batter onto a baking sheet leaving a few inches apart. When baked will flatten.
- Bake the snaps in oven for 6-8 minutes at 180C or until they are light brown. ENJOY!