Mrs Bobkins Plum Pastry
Member recipe by jackierobbins
This is a lovely warm winter pudding, plums in a pastry case with a hint of winter spice and vanilla in the plum sauce.
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ¢ 375g Puff Pastry ready rolled
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ¢ 7 plums
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ¢ 200g golden caster sugar
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ¢ cinnamon stick or 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ¢ Vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped from the middle
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ¢ Cut the plums in half, remove one half, remove and discard the stone and slice the remaining half.
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ¢ Tip the sugar into a pan with 225ml water, the cinnamon and vanilla. Gently heat until the sugar dissolves.
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ¢ Slide the fruit into the syrup. Bring the pan to the boil, and then let it simmer for 5-10 mins, depending on the ripeness, until the plums are soft. Leave to cool slightly then remove the half plums.
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ¢ Mash into the syrup the remaining sliced plums and bring back boil and reduce the liquid by half until very sweet and sticky like jam and leave to cool.
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ¢ Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ¢ Roll out the pasty and cut 11cm circles from the pastry and place onto the greaseproof paper; make a score in the pastry 1cm from the edge to mark out an inner circle.
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ¢ Place the whole plum in the centre of the circle and some of the jam on top retain any excess jam for serving.
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ¢ Place in a hot over 200/220 for 15 mins or until the pastry is cooked.
- ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ¢ Add the extra jam and serve with double cream