Warm Seafood Couscous Salad
Member recipe by lianasd
This was adapted from a book (Bossa Nova Food) and has been a favorite ever since.
- 200g of couscous
- 400ml of vegetable stock
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- 500 ml of boiling water
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 lime
- about 1 tbsp of chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 1/2 red pepper sliced
- 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes
- 150g of large cooked prawns
- Coriander, parsley and spring onions chopped, to garnish
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 hard boiled eggs, quartered (optional)
- Put the couscous in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add most of the turmeric and curry powder and mix well. Pour over the hot stock, cover with a plate or cling film and leave aside for about 10 minutes.
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water up to a gentle simmer then poach the salmon fillets together with the stalks of coriander and half the lime juice, for 5-6 minutes. Let it cool slightly the flake the fish with a fork.
- In a small pan, fry the onions, peppers and chilli flakes in the olive oil until soft but not colored. Add the prawns and let it heat up. Season with a pinch of turmeric, curry powder, salt and pepper. Take of the heat then add the coriander, parsley and chopped spring onions.
- Fluff the couscous up with a large fork then stir through the onion and peppers mixture, the salmon pieces and decorate with the prawns, lime slices and egg quarters, if using.