Jump in the pan chicken
Member recipe by ryansb90
Easy, one pan dish that's oh so delicious; makes any chicken worthwhile eating.
- 3x140g/5oz chicken breasts, skinless
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- rock salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil (lemon flavoured if it's in your cupboard, and not extra virgin)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 bay leaves
- 125ml/4fl oz dry white wine (or 3 tbsp white wine vinegar substitute)
- juice of 1/2 a lemon (well squeezed)
- 2 tbsp flatleaf parsley to garnish
- Cut chicken breasts into short strips. Place the strips between two sheets of cling film and bash flat (with hand). Remember, wash your hands after every time you handle the chicken.
- Heat a good, medium sized frying pan on a medium flame/heat with the butter and oil.
- Season flour and spread onto a plate. Next, coat the chicken well in the flour and add to the heated pan, until cooked through, at which point turn heat to minimum.
- Add the garlic, bay leaves, wine, lemon juice, and more black pepper. Increase heat back to moderate.
- Cook for further 3-5 minutes. Plate up
- Serving suggestions: with fresh white bread, rocket salad, rice.