Easy Honeycomb Ice Cream
Member recipe by shalashaska
Make your own ice cream with store-bought chocolate bars for easy flavouring!
- 3 egg yolks
- 175g sugar
- 300ml milk
- 450ml whipping cream, lightly whipped
- 3 Crunchie bars
- 1 Flake bar
- Mix the egg yolks, sugar and milk in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Whisk well until thoroughly mixed.
- Smash up all the chocolate bars into small pieces. Add two of the Crunchies and the Flake and stir into the mix.
- Fold in the whipped cream and mix until the chocolate and honeycomb pieces are well spread throughout.
- Transfer mixture to suitable tub and freeze for one hour, beat thoroughly. Freeze for another hour and beat well again. Sprinkle the third Crunchie over the top and leave in the freezer until needed - overnight is best.