Chocolate Date Squares
Member recipe by rosemaryreps
- 1. 400g Caster Sugar
- 2. 225g Butter or Margarine
- 3. 55g Dark Chocolate
- 4. 55g Milk Chocolate
- 5. 100g Chopped Dates
- 6. 4 Eggs Beaten
- 7. 2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 8. 170g Plain Flour
- 9. 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Melt Butter and Chocolate over low heat
- Add sugar , chopped dates, mix thougherly, add beaten eggs, Vanilla essence,
- Add Baking powder to flour then add to mixture stirring thougherly until ingredients are well mixed.
- Pour mixture into a greased dish and bake at 160c/325f for 50-60 mins.
- Allow to cool. Cut into 12 squares, serve with clotted cream.