Spicy Pork Esclope
Member recipe by rhaddock
A really easy recipe for a quick meal giving pork loins a great kick.
- 4 pork loin steaks
- 200g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 1tsp cajun spice
- 2 eggs (beaten for egg wash)
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Trim all fat from Pork Loins to leave round medalions.
- Place each medalion into a food freezer bag and flatten with a tenderising hammer/rolling pin until meat becomes around 5mm thick all over. Place into fridge until ready to cook.
- Beat eggs ready for egg wash,
- Mix cajun together with bread crumbs, arrange ready for coating, together with flour on seperate plate for similar.
- Take pork esclopes and lightly coat in flour, wash with beaten eggs and coat with cajun breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in frying pan over a moderate heat and cook for 2-3mins each side until golden brown, serve with potato wedges for ideal mid week treat