Banana bread with honey
Member recipe by quintessence
A simple and delicious recipe for moist banana bread packed with saltanas and a lovely honeyed flavour. Wonderful for a late Sunday morning breakfast or elevenses with a cup of tea.
- 250g of plain flour
- 1 tsp of bicarb
- A pinch of salt
- 115g of butter
- 115g of muscavado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 450g of banana
- 100g of sultanas
- 1 tbsp of clear honey
- Preheat the oven to 170C/fan 150C/gas 5 and grease a small loaf tin.
- Combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar until pale. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the bananas, saltanas and the honey.
- Stir banana mixture into the flour mixture, combining until moist.
- Bake for one hour or until a cake tester comes out of the cake clean. Leave to stand in the tin for at least 10 minutes before turning out on to a cooling rack and allowing to stand until cool.