Butternut Squash Risotto
Member recipe by mitrajam
- 1 Butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 Liter Low-salt vegetable stock-hot
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 corn on the cob, corn cut from cob
- 2 garlic clove ,chopped
- 3 cups arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Salt and pepper season to taste
- 1/4 roasted pine nuts
- Pre-heat oven 375 degrees, season squash with salt an pepper and roast in oven for 45 minutes. Place pine nuts last 5 minutes.
- Heat butter in heavy pot, add onion and garlic cook 2 minutes, then add celery, sweet-corn season with pepper and fresh thyme. Gently fry for a few minutes tip in rice.
- Gradually pour in wine, and then star adding hot stock. This process will take about 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup at a time, and adjust the heat so it simmers, once the stock has been absorbed repeat process until you use all the stock and have a creamy risotto
- Add parmesan cheese, reserve some for garnish continue to stir. Remove squash from oven and mix gently into the rice. Garnish with reserved parmesan and pine nuts.