Veggie Corn Quesadillas
Member recipe by wendypeacock
Quick and easy veggie meal, serve with a side salad and potato wedge
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 red or orange pepper, deseeded and diced
- 200g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 heaped tbsp mild salsa
- 100g grated veggie cheddar
- sour cream or guacamole to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan and stir fry the onion and pepper for 3 minutes. Add the corn and cook for another 2 minutes
- Add the balsamic vinegar and honey and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Spread each tortilla with 1 tbsp salsa. Scatter on a little cheese then some corn mixture. Top with 2/3 remaining cheese, roll up and arrange on a baking sheet. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
- Grill quesadillas under a hot grill for 102 minutes, until the cheese has melted.