Citrus Prawn Sizzle
Member recipe by flapjack5
A fresh combination of citrus and ginger compliment the unique flavour of prawns.Equally good with noodles or rice.
- 16-20 large prawns,thawed if frozen
- 8 Spring onions,cut into strips
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3cm thumb ginger,peeled and grated
- 2 tspns cornflour
- 1 clove garlic,minced
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- 1 green chlli,left whole
- freshly ground black pepper
- splash of oil
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok over a high heat.
- Add the prawns to the wok together with the chilli,ginger and garlic and let sizzle together for 3 minutes.
- When the prawns are a nice pink colour,add the spring onions to the pan and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour together with the lemon juice and honey if, using and stir into the pan.Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.