Member recipe by philipallan
Cranachan is one of the most delicious and simplest puddings, using oatmeal, soft fruit and whisky.
- 110g (4oz) Scottish Oatmeal
- 550ml (1 pint) whipping cream
- 225g (8oz) Scottish Raspberries
- Heather honey to taste
- 1-2 tablespoon whisky
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F, Gas 4)
- Toast the oatmeal in the oven for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned. Whip cream and honey until stiff and add whisky. Place fruit, cream and oatmeal in layers in individual glasses, starting with a layer of fruit and finishing with a layer of cream. Decorate with a couple of raspberries and a sprinkling of toasted oatmeal.
- Chill and serve.