Pilav with peaches and lamb
Member recipe by berdina
This a nice and easy recipe, the lambmeat can be replaced by chicken fillets, but the peaches make it really lkovely, together with tomato paste, kweet ketjap and sambal (red pepper paste) a real treat to be served with rice
- 1 pound of tender lamb meat in cubes or chicken in cubes.
- 1 onion sliced in cubes
- One red paprika in cubes
- 1 liter tin of peaches with the juice
- Ketcap manis,
- sambal (red ppper paste, very hot, from the Indonesian kitchen)
- 1/2dl. sherry or cognac
- butter or olive oilk
- Slice the peaches in to little cubes.
- Melt the butter or oil and bake the onions together with the red paprika gently. Put the fire higher and add the meat and bake while stirring. Add thesalt and pepper. Bake for 5 minutes
- Add the tomatopuree, kecap and peach juiceand sambal. Stirr well and let simmer for 45 minutes.
- Than add the sherry or cognac. Taste if it is good enough. If needed add some more salt or pepper.
- Eat together with white rice and a nice green salad and take a beer with it to cool down.