PORK AND PASTA SOMERSET BAKE
Member recipe by appinkiller
- 4 Loin pork chops
- 400g pasta shapes
- For the sauce
- 50g butter
- 1 leek finely chopped
- half each red, green and yellow pepper diced finely
- 50g flour
- 500ml can of cider
- approx 300ml of double cream and milk mix
- salt and pepper to season
- grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to fan 180c/gas4. Prep the leeks and peppers while the oven is heating.
- Put the chops into an oblong oven proof dish and put in the oven to cook while you cook the pasta and make the sauce.
- Cook the pasta according to packs instructions, drain when cooked. Make the sauce while the pasta is cooking.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan and add the leeks and peppers. Cook gently until the leeks are soft but not brown. Add the flour stirring to form a roux, cook out the roux for a couple of minutes stirring so it does not burn. Gradually add the cider stirring all the time so the sauce does not go lumpy. Add the milk and cream mixture and bring slowly up to the boil. Reduce heat to a very gentle simmer, season to taste adding more milk and cream if the sauce is to thick. simmer the sauce gently for afew minutes while you remove the chops from the oven and dice into bite sized pieces.
- Mix together the pasta, diced pork and the sauce and mix well together. Drain any juices from the dish you cooked the pork in then add the pasta,pork and sauce mix to the dish sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese and return to the oven to brown. This does not take long but all ovens are differant.
- Remove from the oven and serve with crusty bread.