Creamy Trout and Prawn Pasta
Member recipe by hannahlloyd
A brightly coloured dish thats quick and healthy and perfect for a mid week meal, low fat too!
- tsp of oil or we used 1 cal spray
- 500g pasta, (choose a big shape that will hold the sauce nicely)
- 2 trout fillets ( about 100g-200g each)
- 150g prawns
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- A Handful of sugar snap peas, chopped
- 100g frozen peas
- 200g broccoli, heads chopped into quaters
- 200ml of veg stock,
- 2 tbs of philadelphia extra light
- A Handful of salad leaves like rocket or spinach.
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in a pan filled with boiling salted water for 8-10 mins, depending on the pasta ( check pack)
- Fry the onions in the oil on a medium heat for a few minutes until soft, then add the sugar snap peas and broccoli. Meanwhile steam the trout in the microwave for about 3-4 minutes or until just cooked. If the veg starts to catch on the pan, add some of the stock to deglaze the pan. After the veg seems cooked through add the frozen peas.
- Then add the prawns to the pan, be careful not to over cook. At this point season the veg and prawns with the salt, pepper and cayenne. (The cayenne just gives it a slight kick so you don't want to over do it.) You want the vegetable mixture to be slightly wet with the stock but not swimming. Turn to a low heat.
- Now add the trout to the pan, flake it in so that theres big chunks of fish. Then add the cooked drained pasta to the pan and mix well. Once the veg and pasta are combined add the philadelphia spread to the pan and mix into the pasta so that it melts and coats the fish and veg (You may want to use more depending on how much sauce you want). Then add the salad to the pan and mix through then serve.