Creamy, lemony pasta sauce
Member recipe by disleyp
A delicious, light, zesty pasta sauce that works well with added chicken or fish
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 35cl good, dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 20cl double cream
- Zest of 3 lemons
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Pinch of salt
- Cook the shallots and lemon zest in the rapidly boiling wine until it has reduced by half.
- Pass through a sieve, discarding the solids.
- Put the wine back onto a medium heat, add the cream and lemon juice.
- DO NOT BOIL, but keep stirring over a heat hot enough to create a light steam.
- Add the finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano and stir until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Add more lemon juice if required. Season to taste.
- Add freshly cooked linguine or a pasta of your choice, and serve