Pork Potato Soup
Member recipe by faditohme
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- 2 small chopped onions
- 1000 g of peeled quartered potatoes
- 400 g of thinly shredded cabbage
- 1L of vegetable stock
- 300g of pork steak
- Slice the onions. Cut the pork steak in cubes of 1cm. Peel the potatoes, wash and cut them in quarters.
- Add the oil to the pan (preferably a glass pan ) over medium heat and fry the onions. When the onions start to become tender add the pork cubes . Stir from time to time until they loose their pink color.
- Add the potatoes and fry for few minutes. Add the vegetable stock and top it with hot water until you cover the potatoes.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer for 15 min or until the potatoes are tender.
- Blend with a hand mixer. Add the cabbage and simmer for 5 min.
- Turn off the heat and leave it standing on the stove until the cabbage is tender. Reheat before serving.Garnish as desired.