Snazzy smoked salmon pate
Member recipe by vltibbatts
- Equivalent to 2 packets (120g) of Tesco's Market Value Smoked Salmon Trimmings
- 250g Cream Cheese (preferably extra light)
- 1 small tub of Weight Watcher's Thick Cream
- 1 tbsp chives
- 30g of light spreadable butter
- half tsp cayenne pepper
- Good dollop of concentrated lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- Grind the salmon in a blender.
- Add the cream cheese and blend.
- Then the thick cream.
- Add the butter, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Blend the mixture to a paste. Check the seasoning before removing from the blender. Put the pate in a dish or small bowls and allow to set in the fridge, preferably overnight.
- Serve with salad leaves and toasted bread or savoury crisp breads/crackers.