Easy Chocolate Ice cream
Member recipe by mydnightshadow
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Litres
A quick and easy ice cream with no cooking (just melting chocolate) that is deliciously chocolatey and creamy.
- 2 x 397g can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 150ml Single Cream
- 250ml Creme Fraiche
- 300ml Extra Thick Double Cream
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 x 150g bar 70% cocoa dark chocolate (I use Green and Blacks)
- Break the bar of chocolate into chunks and melt with the single cream in a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water (bowl not touching the water).
- Beat in the rest of the ingredients and allow to cool.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturers instructions. (If you do not have an ice cream maker then transfer to a freezer proof container and freeze until slushy. Beat well and then freeze until firm).
- The ice cream can be served direct from the ice cream maker for a soft ice cream or frozen over night for a firmer ice cream
- If frozen over night leave at room temperature for 5 mins before serving in scoops.